- Variable ResolutionOption to scan with 100-1,000 dpi, in light boxes up to 2,700 dpi
The scanner head and its lens can be varied in their height, depending on the type of scanner, so that different resolution can be varied between about 240 and about 530 or 1,000 dpi, depending on the size of the model.
- Variable Texture EffectOption for various capturing of textures (surfaces) to increase the plasticity
The normal exposure mode L + R enables an even illumination of the model without making textures visible, if textures are not desired. The Standard Texture Effect allows a one-sided exposure with the left or right lamp of the model amp center position so that a texture effect can be achieved. Furthermore, the Variable Texture Effect helps to model a normal texture by moving the left or the right lamp 5 cm, 10 cm, or 15 cm from the usual position to emphasize the textures clear. The further away the lamp is placed from the center, the flatter the angle of exposure and the more shadow is cast upon the textures.
- VARIABLE SCANNING SPEEDDepending on scanning mode and light exposure conditions, you can speed up the scanning by up to four times
This option of a hardware / software combination allows an adjustment of the selection of different scan times, depending on the original type and the selected scan mode.
Depending on the scanning mode, this option allows a faster reading of the scan line, so that a scan time reduction can be achieved and adjusted from factor 1-4. – depending on model type and the desired quality.
- VARIABLE ANGLE REPRODUCTIONOption for receiving originals at a defined viewing angle up to 15 °
This complex option includes a movable CCD line in order to achieve the desired angular reproduction position from 5 ° to reach 10 ° to 15 ° in the scanning head. This option is supplemented by a much longer path of the supporting table. To do so, much longer spindles are being used.
With this supplementary equipment, the light fitting can be moved into the correct position automatically, without any intervention of the operator needed.
Due to the constant “viewing angle” of the scan line, absolutely identical conditions are safeguarded throughout the entire scan path. Thus additional texture effects can be achieved or desired or unwanted reflections can also be scanned.
- REAR LIGHTWith Rear Light, the texture effect of the original scan data can be reinforced
This additional lamp provides a strong shadow and therefore illustrates each immersion. The result is a dramatic 3D effect that can then be adapted to specific requirements by using the Image Stacking with other scans. This option is particularly interesting for customers from the decorative sector.
- LIGHT ANGLE DEVICEOption for specific illumination of large models whose structures shall be displayed in X and Y directions
The light angle device allows that e.g. a light from the left side can be directed to the model at a specific angle. It is the same effect as if the model would be rotated on the representation table. However, if the model is too large for the representation table, it cannot be captured completely. In this case, the light angle device is put in a slot in front of the left lamp like a “filter disk”.
The light angle device exists of many angled arranged “mirrors”. The advantage lies in the registration of parallel structures going in the same direction of the representation table. Even canvas models that show structures in both directions can be excellently captured.
The upper edge of the suction plate of all scanners that are bigger than size CS285, is not completely illuminated (about 15 cm). Thus the overall width, not length, is limited in favour of this effect only at the larger scanners from CS285.
- HEIGHT BALANCEThis option allows scanning framed pictures of up to 15cm height, depending on scanner, balancing exposure and sharpness.
The program is put into effect for e.g. a framed picture whose actual image information has a lower height than the highest point of the frame. All parameters of the scanner are automatically set for this situation. The operator does not have to adjust the appropriate exposure manually. Only the original thickness (height) and the height of the frame must be entered in addition to the original width and length.
Thereby, the exposure lamps are driven to a level that permits the passing of the frame, whereas the focus remains on the image and the required exposure compensations are monitored and controlled with the exposure time.
- VACUUM PLATEOriginal plate with a vacuum device for drawing models, optionally available with zone regulation
The perforated magnetic disk is provided as a vacuum board in which the central suction can be adjusted. Vacuum panels are available for A0 and higher, optionally with a zone regulation. This allows flat models that do not lie flat to be sucked.
- ADDITIONAL LIGHTS FRONT AND REAROption to produce a three-dimensional impression
The four lamps (L_R_F_B; left-right-front-back) can illuminate for example three-dimensional models “all round”, as if in a light tent. In connection with the optional variable reproduction angle, the plastic effect of the scan result can be reinforced.
The lamps can be switched on individually. For special requests in the illumination, especially when scanning woods, longitudinal structures may be considered individually.
- LOADING POSITIONIn ST-scanners, the lamps and the platen can be driven entirely aside to allow free space for placing the items.
When operating this control panel in the software user interface, the lamps go to the furthest left position at the CS ST Repro Decor Scanner, at the CS ST VR scanner they move to the central position . The support table moves to the farthest end position on the right side.
So you can placevaluable item on the free support table from above without having to slide them under the exposure lamps; if necessary you can also usea forklift to lift e.g. heavy granite plates of up to approximately 400 kg.
- LIGHT BOXOptional backlight units for KB-slide, glass negatives, aerial photographs and film models of up to 1 x 2 m.
Light boxes are available in different sizes, depending on the application.
- UV FILTEROption to minimise the light exposure on archival material
The insertable front of the lamp filter disk reduces the proportion of the UV lamps which is already low further to a minimum.
- POLARISING FILTERFilter to avoid unwanted reflections
Only available for special applications on request.
- BOOK CRADLES90-180° book cradle , 180° cradle as manual or motorised
Various book cradles are available: 180° book cradle for normal use under glass or without glass. 90/120° book cradle for gentle use of ancient book that must not be entirely opened. Can be used with or without glass plate.
The book cradles are always equipped in basic version with manual height adjustment for gentle pressure against the glass plate or for height adjustment.The support surface is provided with a resilient foam pad. According to the spine width, the two bearing surfaces can be adjusted in the 180 ° version against each other.The motorised model is available for both the glass plate as well as for height adjustment.
- ADDITIONAL SOFTWARE PACKAGEOptional:
Continuous scan, lapel scanning and more to increase productivity. Available in modules on request.
- GLASS, GLASS MOTOROptional when archivals may be pressed against a glass plate. Manual or motorised.
The manual or electric pivoting glass plate ensures flatness of the model (eg. an opened book) in the locked working position. For some types of scanners, it is removable and allows scanning originals without glass contact and pressure.